Test Your Savvy on … Vision Health
Determine if the following statements are true or false. The correct answers appear below.
1. Most people who develop vision problems notice the problem before it becomes serious.
2. Adults should have a comprehensive eye exam at least every two years.
3. Early detection of conditions such as glaucoma and cataracts can help prevent vision loss.
4. Carrots are the best food for eye health.
1. False. Vision problems can develop without any obvious pain or symptoms.
2. True. If you have certain health conditions, or are older than age 60, see your eye doctor every year.
3. True. Regular eye exams can help find eye conditions early, and early treatment can prevent serious complications.
4. False. While carrots are beneficial for eye health, dark leafy greens such as spinach, broccoli, and kale may help protect your eyes from cataracts. Omega-3 fatty acids may also help prevent certain eye conditions from developing.